Our social media community guidelines
We use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to connect with our community, provide information about our work and share opportunities to get involved. These online communities are a place for information, sharing stories and community-building.
It’s important that our social media channels are a safe and positive place for the community to have conversations and feel free to share their stories, as well as a welcoming place for people who are allies in our fight for #FaceEquality.
We ask you to follow the guidelines below when interacting with our social media channels:
- Be respectful of others and their opinions, and treat others as you would like to be treated. We want to foster a community of kindness, so please be polite, even if you disagree with someone’s point of view.
- Abusive language, aggression and bullying will not be tolerated. Please do not make personal attacks in your comments. If we see comments of this nature, we will remove them.
- We’re happy for you to share your opinions, but please do not post content that is disrespectful, malicious or offensive. Posts that could be libellous or defamatory will be removed, as well as posts including swearing, obscenity, sexually explicit or violent material.
- Do not post anything that may cause offence on the grounds of an individual’s gender, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender status, age, marital, working status or disability. This includes being offensive towards those with facial differences, scars and marks.
- We will try to help you with any queries, but please don’t post any identifying personal information like telephone numbers or address details on our channels.
Follow us on:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Please note: Our social media channels are monitored 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) with reduced hours on weekends and bank holidays.
If you have questions, we always aim to respond.
If you see something on our social media channels that doesn’t seem right, or that makes you feel uncomfortable, please do make us aware.
If you have any ideas for how we can moderate our channels better, please let us know.