Face Equality International is managed by a Board of Trustees who are the formal guarantors of the charity’s existence and probity as a company limited by guarantee (LBG) under Guernsey law. The Board meets regularly to oversee the integrity of the organisation, its governance, membership, financial stability and staffing
The Trustees are:
- Jill Clark, Chair, non-exec director, Channel Islands Co-operative Society
- Charlotte Venter, Hon. Secretary, senior head teacher, and daughter of the Founder
- Tony Pickford, Hon. Treasurer, FICA and company director
- Karlene Wright, FCCA and company director
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), Phyllida Swift, is accountable to the Board for the work and financial management of Face Equality International. She is responsible for agreeing its strategy, developing its activities, website and influence, encouraging NGOs to join the alliance, supporting its Members and arranging the Forum and Council meetings.
The CEO chairs and convenes a Council to advise the Board on strategy and plans. The Council consists of 1-2 Trustees and representatives of the NGOs, charities and groups which are Members of Face Equality International. For the period up to the Forum in 2021, the Council is composed of representatives of the founding NGOs.
The Terms of Reference of the Council are:
- To consider and recommend on the strategy and activities of FEI
- To support the CEO in developing the website, campaigning and other work of FEI
- To support the CEO to arrange the annual Forum
- To encourage the involvement of and information-sharing with Member NGOs
- To review and recommend approval of applications for membership
The Forum is the “general assembly” of Face Equality International at which Members discuss issues and processes, propose goals for the alliance and elect the Council. The Forum is likely to meet annually for the first three years and possibly less frequently thereafter. There could also be regional Forums for Members in particular regions or countries in the future.
The CEO is supported by a multi-disciplinary Advisory Panel of individuals chosen by and/or recommended to the CEO to provide advice, challenge, networks and a sounding board on a regular, ad hoc and usually virtual basis on all matters affecting Face Equality International.
The accounts as per June 2020 can be found here.
A full outline of governance can be found here.