Creating a world where everyone is treated fairly whatever their face looks like.
Face Equality International is an alliance of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), charities and support groups which are working at national, regional or international levels to promote the campaign for ‘face equality’.
The governance of Face Equality International
Face Equality International is managed by a Board of Trustees who are the formal guarantors of the charity’s existence and probity as a company limited by guarantee (LBG) under Guernsey law. The Board meets regularly to oversee the integrity of the organisation, its governance, membership, financial stability and staffing.
The Trustees are:
- Jill Clark, Chair, former Marketing Director, Specsavers
- Graham Beveridge, Hon Secretary, retired CA and company Director
- James Partridge OBE, founder of Changing Faces
- Tony Pickford, Hon Treasurer, FICA and company Director
- Karlene Wright, FCCA and company Director
The Director, James Partridge, is accountable to the Board for the work and financial management of Face Equality International. He is responsible for agreeing its strategy, developing its activities, website and influence, encouraging NGOs to join the alliance, supporting its Members and arranging the Forum and Council meetings.
The Director chairs and convenes a Council to advise the Board on strategy and plans. The Council consists of 1-2 Trustees and representatives of the NGOs, charities and groups which are Members of Face Equality International. For the period up to the Forum in 2020, the Council is composed of representatives of the founding NGOs.
The Terms of Reference of the Council are:
- To consider and recommend on the strategy and activities of FEI
- To support the Director in developing the website, campaigning and other work of FEI
- To support the Director to arrange the annual Forum
- To encourage the involvement of and information-sharing with Member NGOs
The Forum is the “general assembly” of Face Equality International at which Members discuss issues and processes, propose goals for the alliance and elect the Council. The Forum is likely to meet annually for the first three years and possibly less frequently thereafter. There could also be regional Forums for Members in particular regions or countries in the future.
The Director is supported by a multi-disciplinary Advisory Panel of individuals chosen by and/or recommended to the Director to provide advice, challenge, networks and a sounding board on a regular, ad hoc and usually virtual basis on all matters affecting Face Equality International.
The first year’s Annual Report and Accounts can be found here.